Choosing a tutor for your child’s Entrance Exam Preparation can be a headache! Here is an outline of the standard of service and details of tuition you will receive from Kip McGrath Urmston. A free and detailed assessment is, as always, free and without obligation.
- We use exclusive Kip McGrath resources written with 11+ criteria in mind: Intellect Skills helps embed the skills necessary for Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning questions; Kip Maths Expert is a maths program specifically written to challenge the more able and lead them through higher level maths concepts in graded steps.
- FREE access to Bond Online interactive website (worth £50) enables you to support your child at home and keep track of their progress in all aspects of 11+ preparation.
- Comprehensive coverage of Non Verbal and/or Verbal reasoning skills required for Trafford Entrance Exams.
- We are experts in teaching creative writing, with over 30 years teaching experience between us. Furthermore we are fully trained and very experienced in teaching the “Big Writing/VCOP’ technique of teaching writing commonly used in Trafford Primaries.
- Comprehensive coverage of aspects of maths not generally taught at KS2, for example algebra, ratio and proportion, fractions calculations.
- We help your child work towards a high level 4/ level 5 by the end of Year 5 by identifying gaps in learning and addressing them, enabling your child to make good progress at school. We have a great deal of experience of teaching at Upper Key Stage 2 and are very familiar with common areas of difficulty and how to address them.
- We run holiday classes, 11+ skills workshops and mock exam days throughout the main school holidays.
- Preparing your child for the 11+ can be a big financial commitment. We are OFSTED registered which means many families can make savings by using the Childcare Voucher scheme or via Working Tax Credits.
- Finally, we regularly assess our pupils’ progress and give parents regular verbal and written feedback.